2019 Earth Day Festival
5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run
A great big THANK YOU to our sponsors, participants, and attendees of the 2018 Earth Day Festival. Great music, great weather, and fun folks defined the day. We look forward to seeing you at the 2019 Earth Day Festival!
Make plans now to join Durango Nature Studies and other community partners for the 10th annual Earth Day Festival. We will have details later, but for now, know that we are planning on the following:
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2019
Place: Rotary Park
Time: Festival from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
5K Cost: $10 advance registration for DNS members, $12 advance registration for non members; $15 the day of the race.
Fun Run Cost: $10 (advance) for a family and $15 on the day of the race.
– Live music by the Pete Guiliani Band
– Citizens Climate Lobby will be marching from the Train Depot to Rotary park, starting at 10:30am. The theme of the parade is “Every Animal Deserves a Habitat.” The first 25 children to arrive for the parade will receive a wearable pair of Monarch wings for the parade. For more information on the parade, contact Susan Atkinson.
– The Durango & Silverton Train and Durango Nature Studies will provide native Milkweed seed to children participating in the parade.
– Kayak Race Sponsored by Four Corners River Sports (begins at 11:30a)
– Booths highlighting environmental organizations and service providers
– Bounce House for young kids
– Burritos from Zia Taqueria
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!
Even if you don’t run the race, come on out for some music, refreshments, and Earth Day fun!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2018 SPONSORS: