Nature and Science Enrichment Field Trips
For Home School Kids or Other Small Groups
For groups of 18 kids and under, Durango Nature Studies’ staff can provide programs in the outdoors to enrich your curriculum or group activities.
– Spring, summer, or fall 3 hour field trip at the Nature Center.
– Winter 3 hour winter ecology and snow science program on snowshoes at our winter site
Our staff of trained educators can create an outdoor program around the topic of your choosing. Programs we have done in the past include:
– The Social Lie of Bees
– Bats: Adaptations for the Sky
– Bird Survival
– River Ecology
– Winter Wildlife
Choose from these or create your own topic that enhances your home or group study.
Please fill out and submit the registration form to get the process started. Once we see what you are interested in, our staff will contact you to solidify your date and to and talk to you about your program expectations.
– 3 hour field trip at the Nature Center or our Winter Site for up to 18 students – $70
– Pay by cash or check the day of the field trip
– Mail check to DNS, PO Box 3808, Durango, CO 81302