Summer Field Trips for Childcare Providers and Organized Groups
If you run a program in the summer for kids, we open up days for you to bring your group to the Nature Center for a day of games, water play, hikes, and activities led by a DNS instructor.
– Minimum of 8 kids and maximum of 25 for each program
– Please provide a chaperone for every 8 kids
– Group is responsible for their own transportation to the Nature Center
– Field Trips are from 10:00-1:00 unless other arrangements are made. Plan to have a picnic with your group around noon.
Things to Bring:
Make sure each child brings good walking shoes, a day pack, water shoes, bathing suit, towel, hat, sunscreen, water bottle, 2 snacks, and lunch.
– $5 per child
– Payment is due the day of the field trip, or DNS can send your organization an invoice
– If you cancel the field trip on the day of your program, we will invoice your organization for the number of estimated kids in order to cover staff costs. If you must cancel, please do so before your program date.
We schedule these programs on days that we are not running our summer camp. We will work with you to accommodate your chosen dates on the registration form, or suggest other dates that are open.