2019-2020 After School Nature Club
Durango Nature Studies offers nature based after-school enrichment programs for children in Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades. This is a great option for kids who love nature and science. We will be offering 4 sessions in Fall 2019. Each session will have a focused theme and will include plenty of time for outside exploration.
Nature Club is led by our staff educators and runs from school dismissal until 4:30.
In Fall 2019, we will be holding Nature Clubs at Animas Valley, Florida Mesa, Needham, Park, and Riverview. For more information or questions, contact the instructor for your child’s specific club.
Note: Nature Club is limited to 15 students (K-3) at select Durango schools, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to register soon. Fall 2019 Nature Clubs will begin the week of August 26, and the deadline to register for the 1st session is Friday, August 23. If a Nature Club is full, you can be added to a wait list. Simply contact the educator associated with that particular Nature Club. For general questions regarding Nature Club, please contact 970-769-1800.
Nature Club will be held at the following elementary schools:
Animas Valley – Wednesdays. Staff lead is Cindy Buccowich*.
Florida Mesa – Thursdays. Staff is Cindy Buccowich*.
Needham – Wednesdays. Staff lead is Mike Bienkowski*.
Park – Thursdays. Staff lead is Kiley Smith*.
Riverview – Tuesdays. Staff lead is Cindy Buccowich*.
*Staffing is subject to modification.
Session Dates Are:
Session 1 (5 weeks) – August 27 – September 27, 2019
Session 2 (4 weeks) – October 1 – October 25, 2019
Session 3 (4 weeks) – October 29 – November 22, 2019
(no Nature Club November 25-29 due to Thanksgiving)
Session 4 (3 weeks) – December 3 – December 20, 2019
– $160 for all 5 sessions (16 weeks) for non-members ($10/session), or $140 for DNS family members. Not a member? Join now!
– $60 for Session 1 (5 weeks), or $50 for DNS family members.
– $50 for each 4-week session (Sessions 2 & 3), or $40 for DNS family members
– $35 for Session 4 (3-weeks), or $30 for DNS family members
Not a member? Join now!
Payment and Registration Options:
1) Submit the registration form (“Register Now” button) and then, drop a check payable to “Durango Nature Studies” in the mail (PO Box 3808, Durango 81302) or to at your school’s office.
2) Submit the registration form (“Register Now” button) and make payment online using “Pay Now” button
Limited scholarships are available for qualifying families. To be considered, please fill out and submit the scholarship form. We thank the following businesses for providing funding toward our scholarships for after-school and camp programs.
Is your business interested in helping send a child (or two) to camp? If so, check out our corporate sponsorship page.